Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Short Rib Succulence!

MEAT!
This was a good recipe, I'd do it again exactly.  I've never had short ribs and I will have them again, oh yes I will.  I LOVED THE SAUCE.  Repeat..I LOVED THE SAUCE.  Alright, done.   I was going to blog the whole meal but the other two recipes I had although good, were not exceptional and I honestly don't want anyone else making them thinking they're awesome.  I give you the awesome people, not the 'it was okay'

This is Kraft easy, because I got the recipe from Kraft.  They often boast their own produced (obviously) and sometimes the shortcuts they have are kinda silly but more often than not, you find a jewel on there and it's a good jewel.   With this, I hit a goldmine.  Or a giant carbon deposit! anyhoo...  I made a few mods, the link has the original, and what I did is below that

BBQ SLOW COOKER BEEF SHORT RIBS

All done, served with slaw and biscuits
 INGREDIENTS:
3 lb of beef short ribs
Salt and pepper
1 small onion, diced
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 small carrot, diced
3T flour
3/4 cup chicken and rib BBQ sauce (Kraft)
3T honey
1 Tbsp. yellow mustard

METHOD:

Ready to cook
Season ribs with some salt and pepper
Place in large slow cooker (tip, spray slow cooker with no stick cooking spray)
Top ribs with vegetables and garlic
Combine Honey, Mustard, flour, and BBQ sauce, whisk.
Pour sauce over and around ribs
Cover with lid
Cook on LOW for 6-8 hours (I did 7)
Remove ribs from slow cooker
Skim fat off the sauce  (this takes patience and more time than you want)
Use a potato masher or some other blunt item like it, and mash the onion and carrot into the sauce
Serve the sauce over the meat and enjoy!  

Cooks notes:  When adding the sauce to the crock, do not place OVER ribs, place around ribs.  About halfway thru cooking time I found a few nice mounds of floury sauce ontop of the ribs and pure liquid around the ribs.  I took a spoon and spooned off the floury parts into the liquidy parts, it was nicely combined at the end of cooktime.

Our meal was completed with a side of Sweet and Sour coleslaw (from Chatelaine, look it up if you want, it's pretty much just sour coleslaw, ha) and muffin pan biscuits (from cooking light).

No comments:

Post a Comment