Monday, November 14, 2011

DELICIOUS roasted potato fries.

I have no photos of this, but after the reviews on Saturday night for making these when Adam's parents came over for dinner, I had to post what I did, or else I'll lose the recipe in the back of my mind forever!  These were some of the best roasted potatoes I've ever made.

INGREDIENTS:
4 large white potatoes (oblong is best)
Olive oil (will use about 1-2tbsp total)
2 tsp of nutritional yeast
3/4 tsp granulated garlic powder
2 tsp of italian seasoning
1/4 teaspoon of smoked paprika
fresh ground sea salt and pepper

METHOD:
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
Get a large baking sheet and spray generously with canola cooking spray
Wash and scrub your potatoes, leave skin on!
Cut potatoes into large fry shapes, about 9-12 'fries' per large potato
Combine yeast, garlic, italian, smoked paprika, and 1/8 tsp of salt
Sprinkle about 1 tbsp of olive oil over the potatoes, toss to coat
Sprinkle your seasoning mix above over potatoes, add a few grounds of pepper and toss to combine
Place potatoes on your baking sheet, ensure they are all separated, sprinkle with a bit of sea salt and pepper, and a bit of olive oil.
Place in preheated oven for 15 minutes
flip
Place in oven again for 15 minutes
flip
Place in oven again for about 5-10 minutes (depending on the size of your fries, it might need a bit more time).

After that you should have golden, delicious, tasty oven roasted fries.  Sour cream is good friends with these, but I really enjoyed mine plain :)

Cooks Notes:
Nutritional Yeast is a product I only happened onto last week, I was planning on making a risotto (which I did, and I will eventually post) and needed a non soy non cheese topping.  I came onto this and you know what? It's really good.  It's not Parmesan cheese but it's a very good seasoning that works well in dishes.  These potatoes received high compliments, I bet it's because of the yeast.  People squirm at the word yeast sometimes.  Avid beer drinkers too ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment