Saturday, February 26, 2011

choco-coco macaroons, yum yum!

You know, and don't chastise me for saying this:  I do not love chocolate

That's right, on it's own I don't love it.  I do like it.  But I don't love it.  What i DO love is chocolate combined with other things to create something special.  Chocolate and peanut butter for instance...or chocolate and caramel (how do they get that in that bar?) or even chocolate and.......COCONUT.

So I made *drum roll please*
Delicious looking - and tasting!!

CHOCOLATE COCONUT MACAROONS.
People love these cookies, i LOVE these cookies. They're easy, they're good, and I have been asked for this recipe on numerous occasions.  People will ask you for it too.

My favourite website is to blame for this one.   http://joyofbaking.com/ChocolateCoconutMacaroons.html

Mods and tips are few:  I make mine smaller.  When you chill the batter for about an hour it's easier to make, and they come out chunkier.  Otherwise, you'll have a flatter smoother cookie (like mine today).  I use half semi and half bitter choc (but either/or work very well).  I also find having a carton of liquid egg whites handy, I mean if you eat them (don't buy just for this purpose), I find it easier to pour and weigh egg white than deal with separation (but if you do, make some custard with those yolks!) :)

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sarah, harass me for a recipe for peanut butter cookies that I found and made some adjustments to. These are the BEST pb cookies I have had or made. So light and fluffy.

    ReplyDelete